TestDisk ខែមេសា 23, 2009Posted by Captain Cambodia in IT.
Tags: Formatted, Free recovery software, Software, TestDisk
Few days ago, my external hard disk (seagate 100GB) was broke down. It’s said “The drive F is not formatted, do you want to format it now?” I know, if i click yes, all the files in my Hard Disk will go back to stoneage. So, I’ve been searching for a whole day for the solution. Then I have come across one very useful software call TestDisk.
It’s a powerful recovery software. It was primarily designed to help recover lost partitions and/or make non-booting disks bootable again when these symptoms are caused by faulty software, certain types of viruses or human error (such as accidentally deleting a Partition Table). Partition table recovery using TestDisk is really easy.
- Fix partition table, recover deleted partition
- Recover FAT32 boot sector from its backup
- Rebuild FAT12/FAT16/FAT32 boot sector
- Fix FAT tables
- Rebuild NTFS boot sector
- Recover NTFS boot sector from its backup
- Fix MFT using MFT mirror
- Locate ext2/ext3 Backup SuperBlock
- Undelete files from FAT, NTFS and ext2 filesystem
- Copy files from deleted FAT, NTFS and ext2/ext3 partitions.
Thanks to this software, I don’t have to take my Hard Disk to the shop. I still can save money for a drink (hehe)
For the information how to use it? Please read in TestDisk site.